Sunday, April 23, 2017

Implementing dreams

My childhood dream is about to becoming more true!! I still remember when my high school Psychology teacher asked us, 'What're your dreams?' My classmates answered occupations like doctor, teacher, scientist, artist, etc. However, I replied, 'I want to be a world traveler'. Looking at the map, there're around 190 countries in the world and I wanted to visit as many of them as possible in my lifetime. One of my classmates listened to my answer and teased me, 'Wow, Lillian, you have already thought about retiring plan?' I laughed and everyone in the class laughed too. NO, we don't need to wait to travel until we get old and wealthy. We can dream big and start small, most importantly, start now.

I'm very excited to save up $$ and go traveling around the world. Of course it'll take some time to arrange and implement between work, family, and travel. My goal is to achieve it in five years to finish stepping on the seven continents. By doing that, I aim at experiencing various cultures, documenting inspirations/business ideas, discovering myself, and becoming more open-minded.

Traveling certainly brings me happiness, fulfillment, and opportunities. I always agree that education and travel are two of the greatest investments of my money and time in life. Growing up in Asia and living in N. America, I have checked out two wonderful 'continents' (can't find any other synonyms for this word..). My next goal is Europe -> Asia -> Australia. I have many interests but traveling is my biggest passion. I enjoy finding ways to spend the least but to see the most.

My another goal is contributing the best I can to the societies and communities. I want to volunteer in numerous places and meet different people. Then, I can call it 'my life'!





No comments:

Post a Comment